Launched in 2016 by The International Organization for Standardization, the ISO 37001 is an international standard constructed to support organisations in implementing an Anti-bribery Management System (ABMS) to their internal and external workforces. ISO 37001 defines “organisation” as any individual or party of persons that has its private tasks with obligations, authorities, and associations to accomplish its intentions – this includes but is not limited to sole traders, charities, companies, corporations, firms, public authorities, enterprises, partnerships, or institutions. It is also deemed inclusive of elements or combinations of any of these entities, as well as others. Illustrations of diverse organisational categories that can employ the standard comprises manufacturers, distributors, schools, regulation firms, financial institutions, foundations, public hospitals, or local governments. The ISO 37001 postulates a sequence of measures an organization can implement to aid in preventing, detecting and tackling bribery and is calculated to be unified with your organisation’s prevailing management processes and controls; not only that but the ISO 37001 also shadows the shared ISO structure for management system standards, such as the ISO 9001.
The conditions stipulated by the ISO 37001 focus on two key areas:
- Bribery by an organisation; the act of the governing bodies in an organisation using bribery as a means for their own gain.
- Bribery of the organization; the act of the organisation’s personnel or business associates participating in bribery for their own gain, exploiting the organisation by default.
For a more in-depth understanding of the standard view or download our brochure as follow:
Download our ISO 37001
Here at ABAC®, we understand just how vital ISO 37001 training is for your career and your company growth. A company’s own employees are its best protection against corruption however, statistics consistently inform us that most corruption is detected internally. As the global leading organisation for risk management and compliance, our experts suggest providing your employees with the tools necessitated to prevent bribery and mitigate related risks. Achieving ISO 37001 training is a proactive way of demonstrating your organisation’s commitment to ethical sustainability which why exactly why we have developed a course to assist your organisation in attaining ISO 37001 seamlessly. Not only will your employees be able to recognise any form of corruption and report it, other benefits of attaining this standard include
- Developing the skillsets, tools, techniques and attributes of internal auditors
- Understanding the globalisation of corruption
- Identifying the aims and benefits of an ISO 37001 Audit
- Adding value to your internal audit process
- Understanding the application of risk-based thinking, process approach, and leadership
- Remaining compliant with the International Standard for ABMS
- Practically training personnel in auditing practices and techniques
- Building your stakeholders confidence by identifying and managing organisational risk from bribery and corruption
Find out more on courses that suits you best?
Our courses are available to organisations of sizes and industries and our experts provide tailored advice and etiquette for each individual organisation to be able to attain this standard as efficiently as possible. Visit our ISO 37001 training page for more details. Alternatively, if you’re still unsure of what achieving ISO 37001 could mean for you and your organisation or what the procedure would be, why not reach out to one of the experts?
We provide a free 30-minute consultation curated to work around your business needs and our specialist’s skillsets range from diverse backgrounds and industrial experience so rest assured that you will be provided with the best service possible. Get in touch today.