As the end of the year draws near, we would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for a fantastic year. The success of the ABAC® Center of Excellence is based on the relationships we have built over the years, and we really wouldn’t be where we are without you. Over this past year, we have added staff, contractors and new clients. We are grateful for the opportunity to work with and for you. Our passion for educating, equipping and supporting our Clients with the latest best-in-practice risk assessments, performance assessments, systems improvement and ISO standards certification remains strong.
We have released our end of year newsletter talking about our projects and accomplishments across all regions. 2021 has been a hugely successful year for ABAC® Center of Excellence with several key achievements, including the launch of three new certifications and nine new training courses:
- ISO 37000:2021 Governance of Organisations — Guidance Certification
- ISO 37002:2021 Whistleblowing Management System Certification and Training
- ISO 37301:2021 Compliance Management Systems (CMS) Certification and Training including 1) Introduction (Awareness); 2) Foundation; and 3) Lead Implementer courses
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Training
- ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management – Awareness Training
At ABAC® Center of Excellence, we are committed to spreading knowledge about the negative impact of bribery and corruption to global businesses and promoting transparent business relations across the world. For the past year, we worked extensively to deliver whitepapers, manuals and other insights to help organisations overcome bribery and corruption challenges and manage risks more effectively. We have articles around the components of ISO 31000:2018, whether ISO 37002 Whistleblowing Management System is right for you or not, how to demonstrate “Adequate Procedures” with ISO 37001 ABMS even an integrated management systems guide. 2021 was a year that brought many industry collaborations – including events hosted with several experts from leading organisations – and educated over 600 people with:
- Exclusive face-to-face training session “Revise & Improvise Your Organisation’sOrganisation’s Whistleblowing Mechanism” with Suresh Kumar, the Managing Director & Partner of Paradigm Group of Companies Risk Management & Anti-Bribery Subject Expert.
- Live webinar on “Third-party Due Diligence & Oversight” with Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce & Industry (MICCI) to celebrate International Anti-Corruption Day.
- Live Webinar on “Compliance & Adequate Due Diligence for Third-Party Risk Management – An Essential Part of a Corporate Compliance Program” hosted by us and Dubai Quality Group (DQG) with Samia El Kadiri, a Governance & Compliance Consultant for Hawkamah Institute for Corporate Governance (DIFC) and renowned author as guest speaker
- Live debate/discussion on “Reporting bribery and misconduct in the workplace. Know-how you can be the whistleblower! – building a better whistleblowing mechanism by adopting ISO 37002:2021″ with Tuan Haji Mohd Nur Lokman Samingan, MACC Senior Assistant Commissioner & Head Private Sector Branch Community Education Division and Dr KM Loi, President – Association of ABMS Practitioners Malaysia.
- Live webinar on “Bribery Pitfalls Most Organisations Often Commit. The Importance of Anti-Bribery Management Systems (ABMS)” with Dato” Sri Akhbar Haji Satar, CFE, AIBM, Founder, President Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (Malaysia).
- Live debate on “Bribery discovered: What to do in the next 48 hours? with Robert Youill, Executive Director from Key Risk Consulting Asia as a guest speaker; and
- Live webinar on “Protecting Your Company From The global Corruption Pandemic“, where we explored case studies, discussed and compared local, regional and global corporate compliance standards and legislations.
2021 has been filled with a multitude of victories and 2022 is set to be even better, as Zafar I. Anjum our Group Chief Executive Officer comments on here:
“2021 saw an expansion in our training capabilities with the recognition of ABAC® Center of Excellence as an HRDF Training Provider by PSMB. The accreditation empowers ABAC® to provide the highest level of training services for multinational organisations seeking to educate their workforce and professional individuals in Malaysia who are interested in progressing with their careers.”
“We are equally proud to be welcomed as an official member of the Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC) family. DIFC is a significant milestone and is set to change the marketplace for anti-bribery and anti-corruption systems in the Middle East and machine capacity to help us satisfy growing demand.”
“Our sales and marketing teams have been busy attending exhibitions. We’ve also seen a dramatic increase in our online marketing presence and subsequent engagement with our customers. Next year we hope to build on the success of 2021, and to that end, further expansion plans are already on the drawing board.”
“It just leaves me to thank all our customers for their business and loyalty, but perhaps most importantly all of the hard-working and dedicated employees in the UK, UAE, Qatar, Singapore, Malaysia, Pakistan and USA, without whom none of what you read in the subsequent pages would be possible. Thank you, and here’s to a successful 2022.”
May the New Year be healthy and prosperous to you, your business and people! Stay safe, stay well!
CRI Group family
Join us in fighting against Bribery and Corruption
Even with the world under partial lockdown during the COVID-19 pandemic, there’s been no shortage of bribery and corruption cases. We invite you to join us in the fight against fraud. Please help us by answering questions about your actions when fighting bribery in your organisation and operating regions. Participate in our short survey and get the chance to win:
- Gap Assessment for your organisation (worth USD 4500);
On behalf of ABAC® Center of Excellence, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season! Thank you for your continued support and partnership. We look forward to working with you in the years to come.
ABAC® Center of Excellence
Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption (ABAC®) Center of Excellence, is an independent certification body that provides education and certification services for individuals and organisations on a wide range of disciplines and ISO standards, including ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management- Guidelines, ISO 37000:2021 Governance of Organisations, ISO 37002:2021 Whistleblowing Management System, ISO 37301:2021 (formerly ISO 19600) Compliance Management system, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and ISO 37001:2016 Anti-Bribery Management Systems.
ABAC® is accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS CB number: 10613) against ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015 Conformity assessment — Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of the scheme’s management systems of ISO 37001:2016 Anti-Bribery Management Systems (ABMS). This makes ABAC® Certification the leading accreditated certification body specialising in global anti-bribery and anti-corruption, risk and compliance management system standards. ABAC® experts audit any existing compliance and anti-bribery anti-corruption management systems to assess effectiveness and vulnerabilities, while ensuring your organisation complies with Internal Standards, FCPA, UK Bribery Act, Anti-Money Laundering regulations, and all other global, regional and local regulations while maintaining a competitive edge in the world marketplace.
ABAC® Center of Excellence, powered by CRI® Group, educates, equips and supports the world’s leading business organisations with the latest best-in-practice risk assessments, performance assessments, systems improvement and standards certification.
ABAC® offers a complete suite of solutions designed to help organisations mitigate the internal and external risks associated with operating in multi-jurisdiction and multi-cultural environments while assisting in the development of frameworks for strategic compliance programs.
If you are seeking to validate or expand your existing compliance frameworks to maintain a competitive edge in the world marketplace ABAC® can help you. Our experts audit your existing compliance and anti-bribery anti-corruption management systems to assess effectiveness and vulnerabilities, while ensuring your organisation complies with Internal Standards, FCPA rules, UK Bribery Act laws, Anti-Money Laundering regulations, and all other global, regional and local regulations.